Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Flat

Here's a little about where we live...
Lucky us....our door goes right into our flat, not down a hall with other people's front doors.  Realize, we are one of nine apartments in this building...we take up about 1/4th of the main level.  One day I'll take a picture of the other side of the building....it was probably the main entrance when this was one house.


 A better look at the whole building from across the street...well, more of a view of the side of the building.  The little yellow balls by the street flash.  This tells motorists the pedestrians always have the right of way here.  Yeah, tell that to the motorcyclist who almost ran me over in an intersection like this.  I should have been swearing at him not him at me.


The view from our bedroom window....this garden belongs to the basement flat.

                                                                           and....

The view out front from the guest bedroom.....
...and...
....our very own Spanish/Portuguese Jewish Synagogue directly across the street.  Cool.  It is full of life come Friday night!

Yesterday I went to the post (post office) and then to my little store for a liter of milk.  1.29 pounds for 1 liter of skim milk.  Did it all by myself!

But REALLY proud of myself today....took the tube to meet some people from the ward for lunch.  Took 45 minutes plus changing tube lines twice, and I made it!  Had never even talked to these women before, but we had a great time....2 women from the USA whose husbands work for the embassy, and 2 women from London.  My first BIG solo adventure!  Woohoo! I can do this!




2 comments:

  1. Nice views! And good job buying milk and such all by yourself :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I linked here from Facebook. You did it! You have a blog! Your new home looks just beautiful. What an adventure this will be!

    ReplyDelete