Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Heart is Full

I thought I was a grownup.
I thought I was a semi-decent mom.
I thought I was a semi-decent grandma.
But I was wrong.
 
Apparently,
It's all about me!
 
This little miracle is how I figured this out.

 
Lena Patricia White was born on  September 20, 2013.
7 lbs 13 oz, 20 1/2 inches
 
Because of being home in April for Kelsi's wedding and coming home in December for Nathan's wedding, I didn't arrange to come for this new baby.  Rosa Lee's mom lives close enough, plus I'd thought they'd be spending the whole month of September in Cannonville whilst he worked on a project there.  Rosa Lee would have plenty of help, and this far-away mother-in-law wouldn't be
needed.
 
How could I be so stupid?
 
Going when a new baby comes is not about my being helpful for the mom.
It's about me.
 
Me holding the baby.  Me kissing her.  Me smelling her newness.  Me feeling of  her spirit.  Me whispering in her ear.  Me staring into her eyes.  Me.  Me.  Me.
 
Now I know.
 
Now you know.
 
Sorry to my daughters and daughters-in-law...
It's all about me.
 
Four new granddaughters in 51 weeks!
Of course my heart is full.
Life is good.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment